Find out if you have a lead service line. Call RW at 201-670-3372 to find out if your home or business has a lead service line.
Avoid using stagnant water (water that has not been used in 6 hours or more). Flush stagnant water out of your pipes by letting your faucet run for 15 to 30 seconds before consuming or for use in cooking.
- Use only cold water for cooking or consuming. Warm water is more susceptible to leaching lead particles.
- Test your water. Water testing kits are available at the office of RW through a discount with a testing laboratory.
- Replace your lead service line. If your home or business has a lead service line, plan to replace it.
- Look for alternative sources or treatment of water using a NSF approved filter and know when it’s time to replace the filter.
- Routinely clean your faucet’s aerator/screen.