RIDGEWOOD WATER RESTRICTIONS
STAGE 2 WATER RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT
This is a reminder that Stage II water restrictions remain in effect.
- Odd-numbered addresses may irrigate on Tuesdays and Saturdays only.
- Even-numbered addresses may irrigate on Wednesdays and Sundays only.
- No irrigation is allowed on Mondays, Thursdays, or Fridays.
- Irrigation shall be performed before 10 am or after 6 pm, to limit evaporation.
- Automatic Irrigation systems may only water between 3 am and 7 am.
- Smart controller permit holders may only water between the hours of Midnight to 10 am.
EXCEPTIONS: Irrigation is allowed any day (within time restrictions noted above) if utilizing a hand-held hose or drip irrigation, or if a smart watering exemption is obtained from the office of Ridgewood Water.
The restriction level is at Stage II because in the summer water is consumed at a greater rate than the Ridgewood Water supply system can sustain, thus reducing the amount of water in reserve for firefighting and other emergencies.
Compliance with the Stage II restrictions will reduce the likelihood that more severe controls will be needed. We thank our customers for their understanding and support.
To report non-compliance watering, please email email@example.com or call 201-670-5520.
TRACK AND GAIN INSIGHT INTO YOUR USAGE:
Sign up for WaterSmart to view your monthly usage, set usage threshold alerts and more.
EXISTING SMART CONTROLLER CUSTOMERS:
Please note, you must re-certify your exemption every year for it to remain valid. Ridgewood Water will send you a reminder via email. If you have changed your email or are unsure we have it on file please fill out this FORM to ensure we have the latest information on file.
*Exemptions will not be granted June 17th through September 13th, unless the work is required as part of new construction.