*4/12/17- Commissioner Martin listed the drought warning, but cited very important suggestions on how to save water, including:
- Do not over-water lawns and landscaping. Two times per week for 30 minutes in the morning or late afternoon during drier periods is typically sufficient.
- Use a hose with a hand-nozzle to water flowers and shrubs.
- Avoid watering lawns and plants during the heat of the day, since much of this water will evaporate without helping your lawn.
- See the full press release for details:
*10/21/16- Commissioner Martin signs administrative order designating drought warning for 14 counties in Northern, Central and Northern Coastal New Jersey.
- Directive activates DEP authority to closely manage water supplies; public strongly urged to reduce water use.
*9/15/16- Drought warning considered. Click HERE.
*7/25/16- The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection has issued a drought watch for most of northern New Jersey. Click HERE for the press release.